Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Starting Over

Growing up I knew what I wanted...I wanted a good career, a loving marriage and children. I had goals in life and I knew at what age I wanted things to happen...and they did. I had the career I wanted by 25, I knew I wanted to be married before I was 30...I did, and then I wanted a child right away...and along came my daughter before the age of 31. My life turned out the way I wanted, until everything changed in an instant when I decided to leave.

I found myself miserable in my life at the age of 33. It took me two years to realize that you can't plan everything, and you can't make things fall the way you want all the time. In October of 2013 I found  myself sitting in a lawyers office writing up divorce papers. How did I end up there? For the first time in years I felt lost and out of control. There were so many questions...could I do this on my own? Could I raise a child by myself? How would this affect my daughter? Would she hate me for leaving?  So many questions...

One thing I will tell you, it isn't easy...but happiness is worth all the challenges you may face. Making the decision to leave my marriage wasn't easy, my ex-husband wasn't a bad guy but we weren't in love, he didn't want to change anything and I didn't want my daughter thinking that was what love and life was supposed to be like.  We found ourselves sleeping at a friends house, in which they had three kids on their own...and we slept on a couch for 6 months. I will tell you those were some of the happiest six months of my life...when you finally decide to choose happiness all your situations in life seem easy.

Starting over...one of the scariest and best things I have done in my life.  Life has since been interesting...finding a place to live, changing jobs, child support battles, hitting the bar scene, joining dating websites and making my daughter the happiest kid ever. One thing I can say...life is never dull and I have learned how much happiness affects everything in life. I am starting this blog to share all the craziness that goes into being a single mom and starting my life over at the age of 35.

I am living my life, learning to embrace new experiences and loving my new found happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment